Today is the first day of the rest of my life. It’s cliche but true. Yesterday Bob and I celebrated our 54th wedding anniversary and I’m scared! Time is passing so quickly and I have so many things yet to do before I die!
This is my second try at blogging and also my second try at THE ARTIST’S WAY class that inspires me to get off my fat butt and do this! Writing does not come easy for me, but I want to try. I want my kids and grandkids to know what a zany, quirky, fun-filled life I’ve had–and I wish for them the same! I’m inspired by creative people and hopefully I might inspire too.
TOP TEN THINGS THAT MAKE MY WORLD GO ROUND:
- Family--one perfect husband, two perfect sons, two perfect daughters-in-law, and five perfect grandchildren (more info later)
- Friends–# one trait–FUN
- Home & Garden (more info later)
4. Work–teach, art shows, realtor (more info later–lots more
5. Hobbies –collections of everything! I am the garage sale queen. Much of my collecting has been concentrating on all things music. My vinyl record collection is in the thousands and lots of other memorabilia. More….
6. Activist–speaking out for what I believe in. This is part of the luxury of age. I’ve been to four marches in the last couple of years. I fight for justice!
7. The Arts–any extra money goes for theater/concert tickets. I don’t care about clothes, jewelry or stuff like that any more! Love art and artists.
8. Television & Books–I’m just recovering from 80 hours of Game of Thrones and hoping to get into new Howard Stern book. I love pop culture and movies and biographies and smart writing. My new favorite word from VEEP is “fuckedydoodah” or however you spell it.
9. Cemeteries–As a volunteer for findagrave.com, I love visiting any and all cemeteries. It’s an excellent reality check.
10. Everything else–all the things I forgot to mention. After all, I am 76 now and multi-tasking is in the past. The mind locks in on one thing at a time.