And then today….
I’m sad. I’m scared.
Hillary’s loss was unexpected, yet always feared.
Leonard’s death was not unexpected, yet always feared.
Thank you Saturday Night Live for the pitch perfect combo of Hillary (Kate McKinnon) thoughtfully singing Leonard’s masterpiece, Hallelujah. It has helped me put things in perspective.
Other ways I’ve been trying to stay positive and regain some sort of sense of humor include:
- Covering an old guitar with photos of concerts I’ve seen including Leonard on the front side
- Offering an extra Ben & Jerry’s “Schweddy Balls” empty carton on eBay
- Having my hair dresser spray a purple streak in my hair after today’s cut
- Taking photos of the super moon (and laughing at Kimmel’s joke about California’s continual frequency of super moons with the Kardashians around).
- Eating a warmed gooey cinnamon pecan roll (it’s been years)
- Starting my Christmas letter early (never before)
- Receiving the 5 Cubs World Series locker room caps I ordered
- Buying glitzy sequin leggings for our youngest granddaughter
- Hand writing a letter of thanks to Hillary
I’m not giving up and neither should you!